Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I had a rush today.

A more adventurous side of me came out today. It occurred to me as I was sitting in the passenger seat of a car, cruising down the freeway. Dancing, and music blasted as loud as it could go. It may be simple and uneventful to many, but I associated this with freedom. How many things I have missed out on in life because I was too scared to let go of my inhibitions. But enough is enough. I need to let go, and just be. To be done just coasting through, and actually start living for a change.

Every day, I am going to do one thing to bring me out of my comfort zone. (Side note: those reading this must be aware that I am not a boring humdrum person. I have participated in many things in my life that would be considered "nuts" but the common person. This is an attempt to surpass mediocrity, not to completely shake up my way of life, which is already plenty complicated enough. Anyways...) I will start small. Everyone avoids little things in their life that make them uncomfortable for one reason or another. Many of these things are completely irrational. However, if I replace some of these irrationalities with sensibility, it all unravels. I want to shake up my sense of reality. Question it. Eventually, I will do things that I have wanted to do, but have never worked up the courage for. Everything from sky diving to confronting those who have caused me pain. The possibilities are endless.

So, just one week until I jet off to Costa Rica. I think it is exactly what I need to clear my head. New surroundings, new perspectives, new ideas.

I really hope great things are coming my way.
I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment