Friday, January 2, 2009

With a new year, comes new possibilites.

What you see is what you are, and what you are is beautiful.

I am going to live my life more in tune with this phrase, as well as other select phrases.
Overall, a lot of things are going to change around here. All of the good will stay the same, but the bad things will get better.

I have not decided if this will be a place to pour my heart out, or more of an on-the-surface understanding. I think I need a little of both in my life. I am leading towards a combination of both. But nothing that would ruin me if the wrong person were to read it. After all, nothing is really safe on the world wide web.

With a new year comes so much potential. New doors opening and old doors closing. I am not one to make New Years Resolutions. Overall, I find them to be a load of shit. If you want to make change, you can do it anytime of the year. The day on the calendar does not make a damn bit of difference. But, recent goals are to reach my goal weight. I have already lost 40, now 30 more to go. I really think I can do it.

Another more recent goal, to stop being scared of everything. Fear rules my life. There are good reasons for this. The life I have lived has led me to this. However, this is not an excuse. It is just a reality that I have to live with and deal with. Not to mention change. Life is too short to be driven by fear. Certain fear is natural. Others, not so much.

It is nice being home. But at the same time, it isn't the same. Everything has changed. This is the natural course of things. It helps, because now it is that much easier to go back to school. It has been nice being around those I love, but I always know they are just a drive away. Plus, I might find myself that much closer next year. We will just have to see how it pans out.

Side note: Watching Law and Order SVU with a younger sibling is an awkward experiences.

I might be back for more philosophical commentary later.

No comments:

Post a Comment